The 5 days long wake is finally over.
Alot of weeping and emotions, of course through the death of Waipo, I caught a good lesson.
Instead of spending approx $25k on the funeral with the different bands, priests, joss papers and etc, for a person who's dead, I rather spend $25k on the person before he/she dies so there's ability to spend.
To me, as a Christian, I really find no meaning in doing all these rituals but I do respect that this is to respect the loved one who passed.
Side track, I'm gonna be more fervent on reaching out to my parents so I dont have to spend, in 20 years time, it may cost $50k for their funerals?? It's so much simpler for a Christian wake.
I'm really grateful for the friends I've made for the past few years, you guys really stood by and encouraged me in a way or other.
Thanks to Chloe, Esther, Joel, Adam, Lydia, JD, Carine, Xinhui, Faji, Xueli, SK, Siew, Swee Xiang, my sis's members for coming on the 2nd night. You guys really made a difference. :)
Thanks to Aaron, Agnes, Jeremy, Tze Hua and Roger(after his reservist late in the night) for coming down from as far as JW and Tamp! The distance you guys travelled touched my heart.
Thanks to Siew and her members again for coming on the last night. We are very touched that you guys came the 2nd time during the last 5 days. It was surprising to see Jul, Shirley, Roy and Meng as well. I didn't announce but yet they found out somehow and appeared!
Thanks to the rest of you who sent your texts and condolences. I really appreciate your prayers as well.
I lost my Waipo forever............ :( Learning to accept the fact together with my family.
Treasure the loved ones NOW, not only miss them after they passed.
Through the last 5 days, the family bonded more and we got to know so much more about each other.
Looking forward to more family gatherings even though Waipo has passed.
What's past is past, we can only make the future better.
I love all of you. :)
Alot of weeping and emotions, of course through the death of Waipo, I caught a good lesson.
Instead of spending approx $25k on the funeral with the different bands, priests, joss papers and etc, for a person who's dead, I rather spend $25k on the person before he/she dies so there's ability to spend.
To me, as a Christian, I really find no meaning in doing all these rituals but I do respect that this is to respect the loved one who passed.
Side track, I'm gonna be more fervent on reaching out to my parents so I dont have to spend, in 20 years time, it may cost $50k for their funerals?? It's so much simpler for a Christian wake.
I'm really grateful for the friends I've made for the past few years, you guys really stood by and encouraged me in a way or other.
Thanks to Chloe, Esther, Joel, Adam, Lydia, JD, Carine, Xinhui, Faji, Xueli, SK, Siew, Swee Xiang, my sis's members for coming on the 2nd night. You guys really made a difference. :)
Thanks to Aaron, Agnes, Jeremy, Tze Hua and Roger(after his reservist late in the night) for coming down from as far as JW and Tamp! The distance you guys travelled touched my heart.
Thanks to Siew and her members again for coming on the last night. We are very touched that you guys came the 2nd time during the last 5 days. It was surprising to see Jul, Shirley, Roy and Meng as well. I didn't announce but yet they found out somehow and appeared!
Thanks to the rest of you who sent your texts and condolences. I really appreciate your prayers as well.
I lost my Waipo forever............ :( Learning to accept the fact together with my family.
Treasure the loved ones NOW, not only miss them after they passed.
Through the last 5 days, the family bonded more and we got to know so much more about each other.
Looking forward to more family gatherings even though Waipo has passed.
What's past is past, we can only make the future better.
I love all of you. :)
Labels: people i love
